Saturday, November 15, 2008

Weather Update (Since I Did Make A Forecast)

I may have been wrong about next weekend's cold spell being especially chilly. It is now looking like the next three days (Sunday - Tuesday) will wind up being among the coldest of the next seven, though a reinforcing shot of arctic air is due by next Friday. Even though it will not warm up considerably at any time during the next week, the sharply colder forecast for the end of next week and weekend may have been overstated. I do not believe high temperatures will rise above 50 degrees in the Louisville, Kentucky area until the week of Thanksgiving if my original thinking comes to fruition. I just glanced at the 6-10 day and 8-14 day outlooks for the country in regard to temperature and precipitation. Both periods reveal a pattern of warmer than normal weather over the western 2/3 of the country and colder than normal temps. over the eastern 1/3. Apparently, the cold in the eastern third will be reinforced a number of times over the next two weeks. I still have a feeling that it will warm by the Thanksgiving holiday. We will just have to wait and see, I suppose. :o) Lastly, I don't see anything in the forecast that would bring more than mere flurries to the Ohio Valley. Personally, I cannot wait to see them. But, I do not see an accumulation of snow in the near future, despite temperatures struggling to reach the 42 degree mark on Sunday afternoon. On Monday, before the next polar front clears the area, temperatures could easily reach 45 degrees. It should remain in the upper half of the 30s on Tuesday afternoon in Kentuckiana. The next day of coldest weather after Tuesday should be Friday.

No comments: