Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Early Forecast For Thanksgiving

I made mention of it last weekend, but I'm thinking Thanksgiving will be a dry day with afternoon temperatures in the 50s. The lower 50s are average for this time of year, so it won't really be mild by any stretch of the imagination. A local forecaster has mentioned that he believes truly bitter cold air may reach the eastern U.S. around December 5th. I don't know how he can see out that far, but I got this year's Old Farmer's Almanac and it says that December will wind up being the coldest month of this winter. I suppose we will soon see if that is the truth. I was hoping that some of the warmth of the western U.S. would spread east in time for the holiday with above normal temperatures, but it looks like seasonable is about all we can count on! However, the end of next week should definitely be warmer than any given day this week!!! :o)

No comments: