Monday, January 14, 2008

Winter Returns, Heart Talk, and Best Buy Deals!

Well, a bit of light snow is moving this way across southern Indiana this morning. It's hitting the area right at the morning rush hour, which could be messy. But, I don't have to go anywhere thankfully. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Thursday to see if we might get an accumulating snow... perhaps a couple of inches. A light snowfall would be appreciated, at least by me. I have a feeling this weekend will be colder than currently forecasted, especially if we have snow cover. I think we will at least get down into the single digits in Louisville. I was correct earlier this month when a brief shot of arctic air hit the area. I thought one day the temperatures wouldn't climb out of the teens. Well, it hit 21 degrees F for a high temperature with most of the day hovering in the teens. A near 30 F was forecasted for that day.

This Wednesday, my birthday actually, I will find out if my cardiac output has improved. I am hoping and praying that it will. My ejection fraction with a MUGA scan was at 27 percent last summer. That is pretty significant cardiomyopathy. I'm currently taking Coreg and Altace for this condition. There are 12 prescription drugs that I take daily. It was up to 17 at one time, but thankfully, I was able to reduce the number without consequence. 3 are for psychosis and anxiety, 3 are for allergies, 2 are for cardiac function, 2 are for pain and stiffness, and 2 are for insomnia. One of my insomnia drugs was taken off the formulary this year, and it was the best medication for sleep that I've ever taken. That was Somnote (chloral hydrate), and I may replace it (with the consent of my doctor) with Sonata, which worked to some degree the last time I tried it. I've tried everything for sleep. My psychiatrist has seen thousands of patients throughout his career, and he says I'm the worst insomniac he's ever treated... not a status that I am proud of.

There are 3 cds that I'd like to purchase this week that are $7.99 a piece at Best Buy. They are up and coming artists in the music industry. But as most anyone knows, a person on disability doesn't have money to throw around on entertainment. But, there were 18 artists in this week's ad being showcased. I listened to samples of each of the artists' songs on Amazon.com to determine whether or not I liked the artist, and I quickly narrowed the 18 down to 3. The three I liked were Colbie Caillat, Plain White T's, and Rilo Kiley. The only way I'll get these albums are if I get a Best Buy gift card for my birthday on Wednesday... hint! Anyway, there's more to talk about, but I don't have to discuss it all at once. I consider this blog to be like a diary. Rick's music, weather, and health... truly!

No comments: