Monday, January 14, 2008

Glasses

Today, I have to pick up my prescription glasses. My vision, when tested, like last Wednesday, is losing ground. My right eye is significantly in worse shape than my left. In both cases, I have astigmatism. I've been noticing for some time that my vision's been blurry. I thought it might be my medications making my vision blurry, but it is impossible to know if that is the case. I go back to the eye doctor in a year. I hope it doesn't get much worse. I thank God that Medicare will pay for the visit to Dr. Conrad. It didn't, however, pay for the frames and the lenses, which my parents picked up on their credit card. My parents are so generous when it comes to their children. I am so thankful! Next, I am to be examined for the right tinted lenses to accommodate my prescription. I have Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome and need colored lenses to assist me in reading and tolerating bright lights. Last time, back in 1996, it was teal and beige. Beige is the background tint. It is either beige or gray, but the color can be almost anything. The way I've been gravitating towards purple lately... I almost think the color has shifted from teal to purple. We will see. This syndrome is so common, yet so misunderstood by many. There are certain wavelengths of light that some people are intolerant to that it makes reading at best choppy... not smooth and comfortable like it should be. White light is all colors in one, and certain tints of the entire prism of colors are distracting and negative for many to see. I know that yellow and gold shades are difficult for me to process. Anyway, I will probably make an appointment with the scotopic folks for next week to amend my new prescription lenses with beige and whatever color feels right upon examination.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there Ricky poo. I love your blog. I will read it every chance I get. I will see if I can get a sitter for Super Bowl and you think of a good movie!!!!!