Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Say Mainly Rain, Not Snow for Tonight! and Birthday Heart Re-Evaluation...

I can hardly believe the National Weather Service is still calling for snow tonight into tomorrow morning. I think the temperatures are far too warm for snow. They are saying it may mix with rain but are still predicting an inch or less of accumulation. I don't believe there will be any snow. I think a few ice pellets may mix in with the rain at the onset, but temperatures will be safely above freezing throughout the night. The main weather story should remain the arctic cold to hit Saturday. I'm thinking most of that day will see temperatures in the teens with blustery conditions, sending wind chills below zero.

Anyway, today is my 34th birthday. I saw the cardiologist this morning after having an echocardiogram done. My cardiac output remains around 30 percent, not the kind of improvement I'd hoped and prayed for. Still 30% is slightly better than 27%, so it's going in the right direction. I just have to face it that I have a weakened heart and need to focus on my walking (light exercise) that has been suggested by my cardiologist and other doctors. It's just so difficult to want to do anything when you feel so very tired. I don't feel awful all the time. It is helpful when I'm in the company of family and friends. It is then possible to rise above how terrible I actually feel. Of course, coffee (a bit of caffeine) helps lift me out of my lethargy to some degree, depending on the day and how well I slept the night before. I had a really good time with my friends Harold and Michael last Friday night. I was more outgoing than usual I noticed. It definitely helps me psychologically to get out and socialize with people who care. More later...

1 comment:

Rgutro said...

Rick- Hope you had a happy birthday and that your forecast was head-on!
BTW- Brian Goode is forecasting on a Charleston, SC Television station and has his own weather blog! You can see it at: http://briansweatherblog.blogspot.com/
Did you get mainly rain last night? We're looking for mainly a rain event (snow to start) here in Balt/Wash today 1/17.
As for your heart- any improvement is good. Keep up the exercise (and coffee!)