Thursday, January 17, 2008

So It Did Snow (a bit) and February 5th...

Okay... so I was wrong. It did snow last night into this morning, mixed with rain at times, and temperatures did get close to freezing. I hope it didn't cause any major problems on the roads this morning. I haven't listened to the news yet... so I have no clue about road conditions. Right now, there's just a light drizzle falling and the temperature is about 34 degrees F. That's about what I thought this morning's low temperature would be in Louisville. Part of the reason I believed there would be no snow was because it was raining in Chicago yesterday! Yet, it snowed in parts of northern Alabama and Georgia (briefly) before it moved into the Carolinas last evening. All I have to say is the atmosphere must have been pretty convoluted over the past 24 hours. Anyway, I've updated some of my posts so far, but a journal is generally not corrected. Therefore, my forecasting mistake will remain part of my blog.

Well, I'm really looking forward to February 5th. Three much anticipated new cd releases are coming out that day. I've been a fan of Sheryl Crow and Lenny Kravitz since their first singles came out, back in 1989 for Lenny and about 1994 for Sheryl. I really like the title of Lenny's new cd... "It Is Time for a Love Revolution." Isn't that the truth? There is so much hatred and bigotry out there... all around the world. I've always liked the fact that Lenny can play just about any instrument and play it well, kind of like Stevie Wonder in the '70s and Prince in the '80s. The third new release that I'm looking forward to is Jack Johnson. His music is almost too sunny for me, but I love the way he sings and plays that acoustic guitar. I think his first cd came out around 2000. His surfer buddy, Donavon Frankenreiter, came out with a terrific cd in 2006 with the title "Move By Yourself." He's a bit more soulful than his friend Jack, but I enjoy listening to them both.

No comments: