Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter Storm May Be Very Large!

Hello. Nobody knows exactly who will get all snow and who will receive both snow and ice. But, some forecast models are showing some large numbers in regard to the snowfall, particularly in the areas that get only snow. Also, there is a prediction of thunder- snow is some areas, which has the potential of making the amounts even greater. Apparently, there will likely be places that get more than a foot of snow by Wednesday. Louisville may get some ice, which will limit snowfall totals. I still wouldn't be surprised if even L'ville got upwards of a half foot, even with sleet, ice pellets, and perhaps freezing rain. I think this storm will at least compete with last March's snow in Louisville. However, in January, the snow is much more likely to linger on the ground. I'm expecting warmer weather about 10 days from now with 50 degree temperatures. Perhaps not 60, as I said yesterday. I am keeping on top of this impending storm. I may give an update as soon as this evening (especially if anything changes!) Well, snow lovers in the Ohio Valley, this is our current winter's biggy (as it would appear.)

No comments: