Sunday, March 9, 2008

After the Big Snow...

Well, I think Friday's snowstorm was the fourth largest on record for Louisville at 14.4 inches. Now it's Sunday and in the 40s with the big melt-down well underway. Actually, I can't believe how fast that much snow is evaporating. I guess it's the higher sun angle of March... about the equivalent of the first of October. It sure doesn't feel very cold out there. I felt overdressed when I went to pick up a couple of prescriptions. At this rate, the snow should be gone by some time Tuesday when the high is expected to reach into the 50s. I guess I should say all the snow should be gone except those huge snow piles in the shopping center parking lots across town.

Also, there is a relatively new music artist that I'm now fond of that has to be gay. With his lyrics and his angst, it's pretty obvious, but he makes a big production of his music. He has strings. He has choirs. I'm talking about Rufus Wainwright. I'd hate to have that name, but anyway, the music has some of the characteristics of a lot of my favorite music artists and music groups. ELO, Queen, Elton John, and ABBA are some that come to mind, at least musically. None of those sing lyrics so overtly homosexual, with the exception of a few Queen songs I can think of. But, Rufus is very talented, and I hope he goes far. He says in his liner notes that his mother is his biggest fan and thinks he can do no wrong hardly. Oh well, if my mother felt that way, she'd go to PFLAG meetings and encourage me to mingle and meet that special someone. But, I've been alone for 3 years now and with my health, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Anyway, I feel music is the love of my life, and I'm not sure I'd want to change that fact. By the way, I think I have the best parents in the world. They just have to abide by their unbending biblical moral code and I understand that. I really do. Enough for now...

1 comment:

Rgutro said...

Rick- glad to see you're blogging again _ I check it every couple of days! Sorry about the snow- fortunately, we received rain here in Baltimore/Washington- although the winds behind it gusted to 60mph and today it was only 42, with wind chills in the low 30s/upper 20s!
Yup, we have to love our parents, although we don't have to like their behavior. A priest once told me that when I was ranting about my disfunctional brother. "You have to love him, but you don't have to like him for how he treats you." he told me. Wise.
Hopefully, spring will come to KY soon! If not, come visit us in Baltimore! - Buzz